Friday, May 1, 2015

An Uplifting Sisterhood

My life is full of many blessings, and I am grateful for the prosperity and good fortune I have experienced this year. However, that doesn't mean I am living without my own versions of challenge and hardship.

Yesterday was an unexpectedly difficult day for me, where I suddenly felt many of the things I was excited about vanishing before my eyes. It is easy to become sad, disheartened, and even lose confidence in oneself when things don't work out the way we once hoped. For hours yesterday I felt frustrated, sad, angry, and hopeless, wondering what I could have done better. I felt as if I was left to tackle the world entirely on my own, but as an unconfident Ashley.

I wasn't.

What I realized during this moment of weakness is how much love and goodness there is beyond the let-downs, if only we give ourselves the opportunity to see them. I had a pageant event last night with some women very close to me who reminded me that I am amazing just the way I am, and being myself is absolutely good enough -- always.

Why is this remarkable?

Because of the incredible sisterhood and example shown by these strong, confident and powerful women. My pageant sisters within the Miss United States Organization go out of their way to lift each other up. And by doing so last night, they helped to reinstill the confidence I had briefly lost.

Pageantry truly is about so much more than a pretty girl with a shiny crown. It is about banding together to lift, encourage, and support each other. We all work toward the common goals of confidence and happiness, and to receive that support yesterday was something that reminded me how special my pageant family is, and how blessed my life is.

Everyone goes through tough circumstances. However, no matter what hardships we're dealing with in life, we are never left to tackle the heartache on our own. By recognizing the many blessings that still remain, and understanding how truly amazing you are, there isn't a thing or person in the world who can take away your confidence or powerful self.

Today is May 1st. Its a new day, a new month, and a new beginning. I am empowered to be the best Ashley I can be every day, but today, more than ever, I want to conquer the world not by myself, but with the love and support of the many wonderful people in my life. At the end of the day, everything happens for a reason. If I have faith and believe that I am exactly where I am meant to be, then there is absolutely nothing to fear.

We are all perfect and amazing just the way we are - and that's all we need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment